Thousands of Young people have crossed the thresholds of the University of Concepción since it was founded in 1917. On the 17th of January 1919, they opened the doors to students for the first four schools of the university: Dentistry, Pharmacy, Industrial Chemistry, and Pedagogy. The school of Law already existed, functioning in the Men’s Lyceum. As time passed, the schools of Medicine, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Biological Sciences, Economics and Administration, Engineering, Humanities, Art and Agriculture, among others, were also born. The University of Concepción is located in the University District. The highlights include the Central Library, one of the most comprehensive and best organized in the country; the Forum and its bell tower, as well as the gallery in the art house. Its prestige, supported by the high quality of its lectures, is recognized internationally.